Synagogues in Lvov (Lwow, Lviv, Lemberg)
• Synagogue "Zlota
Roza" (Golden Rose) located near Fedorova Street.
Designed by Pawel Szczesliwy and built between 1580-1595 by
Izaak Nachmanowicz (Nachmanovitch or Nachman). It was private
synagogue and from 1604 it became Community Synagogue. Destroyed
by Nazis in the summer of 1942. Only small part of it survived...
• Hasidic Synagogue built between
1841-1844. Now in this building is located The Center of Jewish
• Synagogue "Cori Gold"
at Braci Michnowskich Street. Designed by architect A. Kornblut
and built in 1924
• Site where Great Synagogue stood
- built in the middle of the 17th century and reconstructed
in the 19th century, but destroyed by Nazis in August 1941
(the photos of selected synagogues are low quality;
to order high quality photos of those and other synagogues