Synagogues in Lvov (Lwow, Lviv, Lemberg)
Synagogue "Zlota Roza" (Golden Rose)
- located near Fedorova Street. Designed by Pawel Szczesliwy
and built between 1580-1595 by Izaak Nachmanowicz (Nachmanovitch
or Nachman). It was private synagogue and from 1604 it became
Community Synagogue. Destroyed by Nazis in the summer of 1942.
Only small part of it survived...
Painting by Alfred Kamienobrodzki (around 1900)
(the photos of selected synagogues are low quality;
to order high quality photos of those and other synagogues