Ravensbruck - Germany
biggest Nazi's camp for women (Frauenlager), located in
a swamp near Ravensbrück a village on the Havel River,
2/3 of a mile (1 km) from the Furstenberg railway station
and 56 miles (90 km) north of Berlin.
The camp was established in 1939. About 92,000 women were
From the summer 1942 medical experiments (sterilization
and other) were carried out in the camp.
Ravensbruck was liberated by Soviet forces in April 1945.
Monument, museum, archives, buildings preserved.